G-Force Karts Summer Camp in Richmond!
In Summer 2014, we launched our first ever G-Force Karts Summer Camp in Richmond.
By all accounts from what we heard from both parents and kids, this camp was like nothing else…in a good way of course!
We will take what we learned this year on scheduling, how to plan activities, etc to grow and improve our G-Force Summer Camp in 2015.
We will be accepting early applications, so if you know you’d like to sign up your child, contact G-Force Karts online or call us at (804) 228-0188 and we can get the ball rolling. As with most all summer camps, our space is limited so we encourage you to plan ahead!
Here’s a quick recap of how we can our well received camp in 2014:
For the first time, we offered a week-long summer camp (ages 8 and up) in Richmond at G-Force Karts! Our summer camp included daily activities, action packed competitions, food, drinks and of course championships!
Aside from tons of racing, paintball and lasertag, our week-long camp also featured other great activities, such as: water balloon contests, a G-Force tie-dye t-shirt creation event, Nintendo competitions, and more!
We included lunch, snacks, and drinks all week long, and we made sure to accommodate special dietary needs! (just contact us and we can figure out a suitable plan for your child).
Here are some other key details of G-Force Karts Summer Camp 2014:
Summer Camp Weeks Were as Follows:
- July 14-18
- July 21-25
- August 18-22
- August 25-29.
Summer Camp Daily Schedule:
Daily drop off time was 8am, and Pick up time was 5pm. We can be flexible with work schedules! contact us to discuss special accommodations.
- 8-9am: Arrival and Orientation. Waivers discussed and filled out.
- 9am-noon: Briefings for each activity. Familiarization with the facility. Review of Safety Rules. We’ll practice Laser tag, paintball, and racing.
- 12 noon: Lunch. Movie of the day!
- 1:30pm: Workshop on Go Kart operation and maintenance. How they work, how they drive, how to customize them, and more.
- 2pm: Set up heat races. Organize racers by fastest driver. Give tips and explain strengths and weaknesses to each driver.
- 3pm: Laser tag Review. How the packs work. How the packs are manufactured. The arena structure.
- 3:30-4pm: Play Laser tag. Set up teams. Discuss winning strategies, effective moving, teamwork and more.
- 4-5pm: Free time! Enjoy any activity until pickup at 5pm!
- 8-9am: Arrival. Review of previous day lap sheets and activities.
- 9am-10:30am: Paintball- Review of paintball safety rules. Review of how to play paintball. How the guns operate, aiming principles, how to get into cover, and more. in paintball.
- 10:30am: Hide and go seek in the laser tag arena! Will help the campers learn the arena and where all the game pieces are. After a couple of rounds of Hide and Go Seek, Lasertag games until lunch!
- 12noon: Lunch and Movie
- 1pm: Racing. Review racing rules. Go over the karts and practice laps. We’ll film an instructional video for each racer and what they are learning and how they are improving.
- Afternoon: Open play for the rest of the day!
- Morning: Safety re-reviews. Make a skit video for camp. Allow each racer to interview each other as if they were professional racers!
- First team race in the morning. Practice team racing and changing drivers.
- 12noon: Lunch and another movie!
- Afternoon: Tie Dye T-shirt project and open play for the rest of the day!
- Repeat of Tuesday!
- Team race Championship. Individual Championship.
- Trophies to Racers.
- Late afternoon show and tell for parents.
Costs, Age Restrictions, Etc.
- $450 for a week per child
- 12 child maximum per week (IE spaces are very limited!)
- Children must be at least 8 years of age
Contact G-Force Karts online or call us at (804)228-0188 with questions or to make a reservation for the most unique and exciting summer camp in Richmond come 2015.
Note: we’re only accepting 12 kids per week, and we expect to book up very quickly.
Next summer, give your kid a summer camp like nothing else. Experience the thrill of racing this summer, only at G-Force Karts!
#BestSummerCampEver, #GForceSummerCamp2015, #Experiencethethrillofracing